Snoop Lion debuted his new single “No Guns Allowed” on “Conan.” The former gangsta rapper was joined by his daughter Cori B. and some young backup singers as he performed the peaceful record, which was inspired by recent tragedies.
“I just felt like I had got to the point in my career and my life where I didn’t need guns in my life because I didn’t project that energy,” he told Piers Morgan. “I felt like I was positive and peaceful. At the same time, I kept hearing about all these school shootings and these people getting guns in their hands and not knowing what to do with them and just going on a rampage, so it really touched me and affected me to where I wanted to say something.”
The song, which also features Drake, will appear on Snoop’s reggae album Reincarnated, due April 23.
- Watch Snoop Lion Debut “No Guns Allowed” on “Conan” (complex.com)
- Snoop Lion on guns in America: “We are guilty as Americans of promoting the gun” (piersmorgan.blogs.cnn.com)
- Americans Guilty of Promoting Guns as Source of Power, ‘Snoop Lion’ Tells Piers Morgan (newsbusters.org)
- WATCH: Snoop Lion Tells Piers Morgan Why He Wrote His New Song ‘No Guns Allowed’ (mediaite.com)
- Snoop Lion ‘Reincarnated’ (Artwork) | #SnoopLion (ms-dynasty.com)