1. Customize your page’s URL – Having a customized Facebook page URL will not only give you a more professional and credible image, but also make it easier for fans to find you.
2. Fill out your bio and set up all your links – Don’t assume everyone knows who you are. Be prepared for the constant exposure to new potential fans, and make it easy for them to discover more about you and your music.
3. Post regularly (at least once per day) – Consistently update your page with new & unique content to keep your fans well fed and happily engaged.
4. Get friends and family to Like and share your posts – Never underestimate the Social Media reach of your own friends and family. Every. Interaction. Counts.
5. Look at your Facebook insights and get to know your audience – You’ll be surprised at how much you can learn! The better you understand your audience, the easier it will be for you to tailor your approach and strategy.
6. Facebook is visual, so include plenty of pictures – Picture content attracts far higher levels of engagement than posts with just text, so be sure to keep those live shots, album artwork and tour posters coming!
7. Quotes + pictures make a great team – Post up your favorite lyrics along with relevant pictures to tell your fans a powerful story and bring them deeper into your world.
8. Share posts from other people and pages – This is a great way to fill in the gaps when you’re running low on content ideas. It can also help you to get onto the radars of influencers and their audiences.
9. Take the time to Like and reply to comments on your posts – Make your fans feel loved & validated and they’ll become loyal ambassadors for you and your music.
10. Learn (and steal) from other successful pages – Always be on the lookout for ways to freshen up your page by taking inspiration from those who do it best!