Hear that? That’s the sound of hearts breaking with shocking revelation that Zoe Saldana has seemingly given up on men. In fact, the 34-year-old “Star Trek Into Darkness” actress – who ended her relationship with A-lister Bradley Cooper earlier this year – says that she may never date another actor again and may very well end up with a woman.
“Been there, done that, got the T-shirt,” Saldana told Allure of dating Hollywood actors. And Saldana – who graces the magazine’s cover in a silky black lace tank top and appears nude in its pages – is open about embracing her “androgynous” identity.
“[I might] end up with a woman raising my children…that’s how androgynous I am!” says Saldana. And if she does, she would have the blessing of her Puerto Rican and Dominican parents, who Saldana explains “raised [her] that open[ly].”
And if inquiring minds what to know whether Saldana has ever been in a relationship with another woman, well, Saldana is a little less clear.
“Promise me one thing: You’re going to ask this question [in the article]—if you choose to, just put three dots as my response. That’s it,” Saldana told the women’s beauty mag.
While her romantic status may be left up to chance, there’s one thing that Saldana is determined about: playing black iconic singer Nina Simone in a forthcoming biopic despite criticism from the African-American community.
“Let me tell you, if Elizabeth Taylor can be Cleopatra, I can be Nina—I’m sorry,” Saldana said in her Allure interview. “It doesn’t matter how much backlash I will get for it. I will honor and respect my black community because that’s who I am.”
After all says, Saldana, there are more challenging battles ahead than those regarding skin color or ethnicity.
“It’s hard enough to be a woman on this earth,” says Saldana.
“So to be an American or black or Latina, it’s arbitrary compared to our battles as women.”
- Zoe Saldana says she’s “androgynous” and would raise children with a woman (nbclatino.com)
- Bi The Way: Zoe Saldana Says It’s Her Life And Her Decision To Love A Lady If She Feels Like It! (bossip.com)
- Zoe Saldana Thinks She’s Androgynous, Has No Idea What “Androgynous” Means (dlisted.com)
- Zoe Saldana: I’m always naked (belfasttelegraph.co.uk)
- Zoe Saldana could have relationship with a woman (contactmusic.com)
- Zoe Saldana: Naked For Allure Magazine! (beautelicious.com)
- Actress Zoe Saldana Poses Nude; Says She Might End Up With A Woman (jeniesgiovanni.wordpress.com)
- Zoe Saldana bares all for ‘Allure’ (pinkpowderroom.wordpress.com)