Kanye West‘s god complex continues. The rapper-producer debuted his new song “I Am (A) God” yesterday at the annual Met Gala in New York.
The song, as performed last night, is a tribute to West’s pregnant girlfriend Kim Kardashian, according to reports.
Vogue is slated to release an HD video of West’s performance Friday, according to XXLMag.com.
Kardashian accompanied West to the event and was reportedly smiling during West’s performance of “I Am (A) God,” a song likely culled from his forthcoming album. West is also expected to perform “I Am (A) God” when he appears on “SNL” May 18 . The song gets its title from The Bible passage Psalm 82, which includes a line that, “You are gods.”
- Kanye West serenaded Kim Kardashian at Met Ball (contactmusic.com)
- Kim Kardashian Shares Epic Photo From Inside the 2013 Met Gala (celebuzz.com)
- Met Gala 2013: Kim Kardashian Glows In Givenchy (celebuzz.com)
- Kanye West Serenades Kim Kardashian At Met Gala, Sings ‘You’re So Awesome’ (latinospost.com)
- Watch Kanye West Perform New Music at the Met Gala (thefader.com)
- Kanye West’s ‘screeching’ angers Met Ball bosses (contactmusic.com)
- Kanye West to Kim Kardashian: I Am a God, I Love You! (thehollywoodgossip.com)