Lil Wayne suffered seizures earlier in the week while on a video shoot and left the hospital after treatment. He had more seizures tonight and was rushed to the hospital. According to TMZ, one of Lil Wayne’s bodyguards found him unconscious and rushed him back to the hospital, where they found high levels of codeine in his system.
While the TMZ report first said Wayne was receiving last rites, they eventually deleted that part of the story.
And Birdman added this tweet:
Which was all topped by a tweet from Lil Wayne himself:
So it looks like Lil Wayne is alive and at least mostly well.
Meanwhile, as of this writing and despite the above tweets, TMZ is still sticking with the story that Wayne is in ICU.
Update: TMZ now says Lil Wayne is “sleeping.”
- Lil Wayne Hospitalized For Seizures Again (digiindie.wordpress.com)
- Lil Wayne Hospitalized For Seizures Again (allhiphop.com)
- Lil Wayne Suffers Seizures In L.A. (rapradar.com)
- Lil Wayne Was Hospitalized for Seizures Again (pitchfork.com)
- Lil Wayne Hospitalized Over Seizures…Again (hiphopwired.com)
- BREAKING NEWS: Lil Wayne In Critical Condition (allhiphop.com)
- Lil Wayne Now In ICU Not Looking Good (4umf.com)